01 April 2016

Orlando, I miss you.

He said:
"I'm starting to realize what's the point in being so against the city you grew up in? Idk, getting this job, and doing well in school, maybe buying an apartment or just renting for another year. I feel like it's cool to have a foundation. Moving and being transient has been fun, but it's exhausting having to pick up and start all over."

I replied:
"Dawg, I now understand that. Like I love Orlando. It really is where I am from and I like what I had there. I love it actually. And it's hard to start over. Letting people in, learning to trust them, and having to tell your story over and over again. At first I was taking this move as an opportunity to rebuild myself. But then it started dawning on me that I am already built. Maybe I should just be refining what I am."