20 March 2016

I am, because of her

I love my mom. 

I absolutely adore her. Oh. Don't get me wrong, we've had a hell of time with our ups and downs. But at the end of it all, I love my mother. She is caring, and warm, and insightful and funny and mine

She taught me things with her knowing, me knowing and sometimes without either of us knowing. She also taught me things that I didn't want to learn, like how to be independent. How to be outgoing. How to drive stick shift (at the illegal age of 13) how to forgive and move on, how to be comfortable with where I'm at, how to adapt, how to make people feel welcomed. She has instilled in me the qualities that I like most about myself. Also some that I don't like, but you can't always pick em, haha. My mom is strong and so am I. So here's to my mother, the queen in my life!





When was the last time you evaluated the relationship between you and your mom? When was the last time you nourished, cleansed or celebrated that relationship?