18 January 2016

the dragon

i haven't smoked in a month. its weird. this is the first time that I have gone this long without the ganja. At first, it was because I was with family, then it turned to me not even having a need for it (or access). But I was learning something about myself in its absence. And with this new mind-frame, I began to question my affinity for the greenery.

I remember the third month of me smoking, It was the first time that I felt what love was. I loved the feeling that came from the herb. I loved being free, It was the first time I was in love. And i took that love to a whole new level, I wanted to always be around weed. If toking wasn't tolerated there, then you can count me out. I started tailoring my life around this new found love. Honeymoon stage transitioned into a habitual stage. I had cultivated a world for myself where everyone was doing it and we were doing it to the max. Wake up, bake, before we eat, bake, before we go out, bake, before bed, bake. It was a ritual that i was no longer aware of, I was subconsciously adhering to the love i felt so long ago. I hadn't checked myself to see why I was currently in this relationship. I just moved along as time ushered us along. shameful. I wasn't able or willing to evaluate the situation i was in. I went through my actual relationships along the same lines. Looking back now, there was a lack of quality in my life. I let life live me, I wasn't living it.


And so now, as I have taken a step back from the puff puffing of the dragon, I wonder, Why do you smoke? When was the last time that you asked yourself that?